The life and times of a newbie blogger, golden gopher, and chocolate enthusiast as she takes on Walt Disney World and reality.

Thursday, December 12, 2013

One Month 'til Move In!

In one month I will be boarding my one way flight to Orlando. I'll only have one carry-on, one checked bag, and a personal item to my name. How am I supposed to pack a semester's worth of clothes in just two suitcases?! I still can't get over the fact that, 31 days from now, I'll be leaving Minnesota for 4 months. It's still SO surreal to think about. I mean, a winter without snow?! Thank goodness Minnesota has cooperated and given me lots of snow and cold weather to enjoy while I'm still here! ;)


Exactly a month and a day from now I will be checking in to my new home on the Walt Disney World property. They offer housing specifically for their Disney College Program (DCP) interns in 1 of 4 different apartment complexes. Since being accepted and selecting my arrival date, I have been searching for roommates and have been lucky enough to find 5 wonderful ladies. Sometime within the next month I'll be submitting my apartment and roommate preferences in hopes that they'll assign me to an apartment with the 5 lovely women I've gotten to know. Housing is one of the only fees associated with the DCP and it will automatically get deducted from my weekly paycheck. If you're interested in how my upcoming housing situation will work, information can be found here on the DCP website.


In this next month, get ready to hear about my perks as a Disney cast member, learn about my role at Walt Disney World, keep up with my housing situation, and much more! If you have any questions about the program or want me to talk more about a specific aspect, feel free to comment below or message me on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. We're down for the count now!


1 comment:

  1. As the mom, of course I am excited for your adventure. I'm still excited because I think of you only being 2 hours away! It will sink in once we send you on the flight. Thank goodness we will see you in February (probably with the I can't live without stuff you forgot).

    ReplyDelete