The life and times of a newbie blogger, golden gopher, and chocolate enthusiast as she takes on Walt Disney World and reality.

Monday, December 16, 2013

Are You Going to Be Cinderella?!

No, I'm not going to be a princess, but one of the most common things I'm asked is "What are you even going to DO there?" That, my friends, is an excellent question. A question to which... I don't really know the answer. I was given a role when I was accepted, but I won't know where, when, or what exactly I'll be doing until my first week there. When I got accepted, I was accepted for the role of Quick-Service Food and Beverage (QSFB). The DCP website has a whole page devoted to potential roles that interns can be offered. On that page, under Food & Beverage, you'll find a link to a short video about the QSFB role at Walt Disney World.
(It looks like this on the website!)
The Disney Programs Blog is extremely helpful for all things DCP. On that website I found this blog post spotlighting the QSFB role. It focuses on a DCP intern and her experiences and take-aways from the role. Another question that people often ask me is "What park/resort will you be working in?". At this moment, I have no idea! I'm just as curious as you! I won't find out until my first week, but to see the different restaurants that I could potentially be placed in, click here. I could be assigned to any of the restaurants labeled "Quick Service". From what I've heard, once I get assigned a restaurant, I'll be there the rest of the semester.

This is Sven. When I visited Walt Disney World with my family in 2011, he was our waiter at the Beirgarten Restaurant at Epcot. Even though he was in the Disney International Program and most likely in the Full-Service Food and Beverage role, I still hope to create an enjoyable, magical experience like Sven did for us!

If you have any questions about the program, application process, or want me to talk more about a specific aspect, feel free to comment below or let me know on FacebookTwitter, or Instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment