The life and times of a newbie blogger, golden gopher, and chocolate enthusiast as she takes on Walt Disney World and reality.

Friday, February 28, 2014

Yikes! I'm a Busy Bee!

Oh boy, I don't like trying to play catch up! It's been about a week and a half since I last blogged and I finally found some time again to sit down and fill you all in. If you've been keeping up with my FacebookInstagram, and Twitter, you know I've been a busy bee! (If you haven't, that's fine! Catch up now!) I'm going to attempt to recall the last 10 days in as much detail as possible. Ready?!


Last Wednesay, the 19th, I had my Disney Marketing class, quickly ate lunch, and headed over to the Magic Kingdom with Sarah and Kelsey. It was 80 degrees and sticky, sweaty, humid. We rode the bus from our apartment to the Polynesian Resort, walked to the Transportation and Ticketing Center, and finally took the ferry to the Magic Kingdom. Yes, we work there and find ourselves there every other day of the week, but what's not to love about MK?! We not only did Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Space Mountain, but also watched the Country Bear Jamboree and the Enchanted Tiki Room. I'm definitely not a fan of the Country Bear Jamboree, but the Enchanted Tiki Room was pretty neat! I also got video of Kelsey and Sarah on the Mad Tea Party since the tea cups and my stomach don't really agree.


Thursday through Sunday that week I found myself in a routine of sleep, eat, work, shower, repeat. I am so thankful for my friend, Vivian, and her car for bringing me to and from work, allowing me to evade the long bus rides!

Monday was my first day of training for the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival. [Note: A few weeks ago I found I was being transferred to Epcot to do quick service food and beverage for the festival!] The first day of training was called Discovery Day in which I learned about the history and layout of Epcot. I love learning about Walt Disney World and The Walt Disney Company! I'm so glad I was able to learn, in depth, about two of the four theme parks and get the opportunity to work in two very different quick service locations.


On Tuesday morning, Denise and I woke up early and hopped on the bus to Animal Kingdom for the soul purpose of riding Expedition Everest. We rode it 3 times in a row and promptly left, making our way to Hollywood Studios. At the Studios, we tried to get Fastpass+ for Toy Story Midway Mania (since Denise has never been on it) but they were already gone! The wait time was 75 minutes, but we didn't have anything else to do, so we jumped in line. To our disbelief, we were on and off the ride in under 40 minutes! We couldn't believe it! With our new-found time, we were able to meet Mike and Sully from Monster's Inc and Monster's University before we watched Lights, Motors, Action, a live stunt show, before I had to head home and get ready for class.

Don't you think I'd be a good Alice? ;)
On our way out of class, another welcome event (Alice in Wonderland themed) was just beginning. Kelsey and I ran into Alice and the White Rabbit before we got to our apartment and took a quick picture! We got back to the apartment, changed our clothes, grabbed Denise, and headed back out to the event for some free food! When we got our free food, we were marked on our hands with smiley faces so that we only came through the line once. I asked the guy marking my hand why he wasn't doing Mickey ears instead of a smiley face and he proceeded to change my smiley face into an intense Mickey (shown below)!



After we ate (and debated for quite some time), the three of us left for Downtown Disney. We walked the entire complex, got sprinkled with pixie dust, and took pictures with some princesses. We also scrubbed our hands at an amazing store called Basin and ate delicious ice cream at Ghirardelli! Once we got back, a rare happening occurred... all 6 roommates were home together! Even though it was only for a few minutes, it was fun to be all together again!


We tried to get a pic of our pixie dust.
We're cute!
Wednesday brought another morning of class and another day of indecision. After class, Kelsey and I decided to go to Coronado Springs (a moderate resort) so that she could pre-check in her family and do an assignment for her other class. From there we went to Epcot! First, we went on Test Track, watched Captain EO, The Sea with Nemo and Friends, and Turtle Talk with Crush. It was my first time watching Captain EO. I have no words to describe it; it's pretty weird. But, I think if you were a fan of Michael Jackson back in the day, you may have a soft spot for it. Then we ate steak at Liberty Inn, watched the France pavilion's introduction video, ate a delicious funnel cake, experience the American Adventure, and met Snow White. Did I mention this was all in the rain? Because we embraced it the whole day! You can see the pictures of Snow White and Kelsey and I on my Facebook timeline.


Yesterday was my first real day of training and my first day in my new costume (shown above). It's not the most flattering or the most cute, but it's all part of the show! Through the course of my training both yesterday and today, I've learned all about the Flower and Garden Festival, the cash register, and pouring beer and wine. It's a unique training experience because the festival hasn't actually started yet! We won't actually be able to learn how to do things until it's time to do things! Which means I'm a bit nervous to start in the next few weeks on top of being so excited.


Here's some poolside Florida sun to help you get through your (probably chilly) weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment