The life and times of a newbie blogger, golden gopher, and chocolate enthusiast as she takes on Walt Disney World and reality.

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Chillin' in Chilly WDW

Today was another cool, exhausting, yet wonderful day at "The Happiest Place on Earth!" I visited both Animal Kingdom and Epcot. I also made another, always exciting, trip to Walmart.

My roommates, Sarah and Kelsey, and I woke up at the crack of dawn and headed out for Animal Kingdom. Our intention was to get to Expedition Everest as quickly as possible, but we accidentally made a wrong turn when we noticed that a Cinderella doll had fallen out of a stroller! Kelsey used the "Disney Scoop" to snatch the doll up without missing a stride and returned it to the woman pushing the stroller. Because of our detour, we ended up in Africa instead of Asia, so we went on Kilimanjaro Safaris. Of course we saw a bunch of animals, but the giraffes were probably the best because the whole tower of giraffes passed by within 5 feet of us. It was amazing!

Expedition Everest from afar
Then we made our way to Expedition Everest, fully expecting to wait in line for hours before getting on the ride. It took 10 minutes to get on, so we rode it again! It's such a fun ride! We continued to make our way through Asia and then Dinoland U.S.A. where the DINOSAUR ride is located. I don't want to spoil the ride for anyone, but my roommates and I are in college and were still so scared. (Feel free to laugh at our ride picture below)
Kelsey, me, and Sarah scared (almost to death) on DINOSAUR
After all of that excitement, we were pretty hungry. On our way to find food, though, we ran into Dug from Up! The picture is a little blurry, but Dug was so much fun! He was spastic, loving, and friendly, just like you'd expect him to be! He gave us lots of hugs and licked our faces a few times. I'm so glad we got to see him! We also stopped at It's Tough to be a Bug! We finally stopped at Pizzafari for lunch and then caught the bus back to our apartment complex where we hopped on the bus to Walmart to buy a cake for my roommate, Meg's, birthday tomorrow!

Kelsey, Dug, me, and Sarah
When we got back from Walmart, I showered and we decorated our dining room to surprise Meg when we got home later, since she had already left for Epcot with our other roommates, Denise and Gemma. We got on the bus to Epcot and after a bit of a delay (the buses are wonderful, but are sometimes late and can take a long time getting from place to place), we finally made it to the cast member entrance. It was so cool getting to use my ID to get into the "Cast Members Only" areas! I felt so official!


In Epcot, we rode Spaceship Earth, the ride inside the infamous ball, Test Track, and The Seas with Nemo and Friends. Spaceship Earth always inspires me and it's always fun to see your face on an animated body! Test Track was AWESOME. It's totally redone, but it's super cool. We waited in line for over an hour, but the time went by quickly as we hung out together and played a free version of Ellen's Heads Up app. Once inside, we got to create our own cars! Mine is shown below. The ride was awesome as always and I wished I could ride it again! The Seas with Nemo and Friends was adorable and the sea life after the ride was neat too. We left Epcot just as the fireworks show, Illuminations, was starting, so we got a fireworks send off!

The car that Sarah, Denise, and I created
Overall, it was a great day. It's still surreal to be able to go to the parks whenever I please and it's even weirder to not have to go to school. Tomorrow I start training for my job at Cosmic Ray's, so I'm off to bed! Thanks so much for keeping up with my journey! I hope you're able to live vicariously through me as I live in this fantasy world for a few months.

This is really my life right now!



No comments:

Post a Comment