The life and times of a newbie blogger, golden gopher, and chocolate enthusiast as she takes on Walt Disney World and reality.

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Keeping Up with Kelsey

The last few days have been pretty exhausting. Since I last wrote on Saturday, I've done quite a bit and it's not slowing down anytime soon!

Rapunzel's little corner in Fantasyland
On Sunday I had "Food and Beverage Core" where I learned a lot about food safety, how to properly interact with people with disabilities, and I finally got my login to view my schedule. It was my roommate, Meg's, birthday that day and most of my roommates had already been celebrating at Magic Kingdom with her. I met them there and we rode Space Mountain and hung out at the park. It turns out Magic Kingdom was open until 1:00am and had Extra Magic Hours (only for resort guests) until 3:00am! We were exhausted, though, so we headed home for the night.

Cinderella's Castle!
Monday was pretty relaxed. Kelsey and I took the bus to 2 cast member only stores. One called Property Control and the other Cast Connection. They're both located in the back of Magic Kingdom's cast parking lot. Property Control is hilarious and so cheap. It's made up entirely of the parks' reject items, so most everything is broken or damaged in some way. Things that can be salvaged or that aren't damaged are hard to come by, but when they are found, they're extremely discounted. It's amazing! Cast Connection is much less discounted, but discounted none-the-less. It also has groceries which is extremely convenient.

Yesterday I finally had my Once Upon a Time... Is Now! class. It's a class specifically for new Magic Kingdom hires where they give you a tour of the park and officially welcome you to the Magic Kingdom family. It was pretty cool to be there before the park opened without any people! Later in the day I received my costume. It turns out that I got placed in the kitchen at Cosmic Ray's, so my costume looks like a chef's outfit. Stay tuned for pictures. ;) I also found out yesterday that Cosmic Ray's Starlight Café is the 2nd busiest fast food restaurant in the entire world and THE busiest in the United States. How crazy is that?! Apparently one New Year's day Cosmic Ray's made over a million dollars in PROFIT. So that's what I'm getting into!


Today is my first day of on the job training. I met another girl that's in the kitchen of Cosmic Ray's too, so I'm glad I'll know someone back there! I won't be done working tonight until 11:00pm, though, so it'll be a long day!

No comments:

Post a Comment