The life and times of a newbie blogger, golden gopher, and chocolate enthusiast as she takes on Walt Disney World and reality.

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Traditions Day!

I became an official Walt Disney World cast member today! My Traditions class, The Disney Company orientation, started at 8:00am and I needed to catch my bus at 6:45am. I also had to be dressed in professional attire... it was an early morning!


The classes took place at Disney University, near the Magic Kingdom! We were broken into groups of about 50 and signed in to receive our official Walt Disney World ID cards. In the class, we learned about "Working With Integrity", the 4 Keys to Success, and the main idea of The Disney Company: "We create happiness". It was moving, emotional, and a bit long, but the random surprises and knowledgeable instructors kept us on our toes.


After the main class portion, we took a trip to Magic Kingdom, but it wasn't just any trip. We came up to the backstage and entered the Utilidoor. From there, we took on the tunnels and made our way to Main Street USA. It was mind-blowing, definitely not what I expected, but still so cool. I even saw Ariel in sweats talking on the phone! It was hilarious! I can't take pictures back there, though, so you'll have to become a cast member to see it for yourself. ;) Then we headed back to Disney University to receive our official Walt Disney World name tags!


Earlier this evening, the college program held an Up themed welcome party in my apartment complex. A few of my roommates and I took a picture with Carl and Russell! We also took a few pictures in a photo booth that they brought in! It was a really fun time and we danced to the DJ for over an hour.

Carl, Sarah, Denise, me, Russell, and Kelsey
All of my roommates will finally be able to go into the parks tomorrow afternoon, but I think I'm going to take a leisurely trip to Magic Kingdom by myself in the morning just because I can! It'll be so weird to visit without my family, but I'm so excited to be able to go during my time off for the next 4 months. It's all still so surreal!
I've got some big EARS to fill!

No comments:

Post a Comment