The life and times of a newbie blogger, golden gopher, and chocolate enthusiast as she takes on Walt Disney World and reality.

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Working Girl

After my first experience with pay laundry at my complex on Tuesday, Meg and I ventured to Magic Kingdom. We stopped at the Grand Floridian to see our roommate, Denise, hard at work. Once we got to Magic Kingdom, we got FastPass+ passes for Under the Sea, the Ariel ride, and the Jungle Cruise. FastPass+ is super slick. I didn't think I'd understand or like the new system, but it's super simple! We also rode Haunted Mansion, Carousel of Progress, Buzz Lightyear, and It's a Small World twice to see our roommate, Kelsey. While we were on Small World, though, the boats got a bit backed up, so we ended up being on the ride for about 5 minutes longer than expected. We were pretty sick of the music by the time we finally got out! We took a picture with Ariel too! She was so cute!


Yesterday I had to go to work. It was nice to feel confident in what I was doing and start meeting my co-workers. I spent most of my time preparing trays for Bay 1, the chicken bay. I had to plate half chicken meals, rib meals, chicken sandwiches, pulled-pork sandwiches, and chicken nuggets. It was so slow that we closed Bay 1 an hour early! It was raining/misting/drizzling all day and it only made it to about 50 degrees, shockingly cold for Orlando. ;) Side note: watching the weather on the news here is hilarious because it's "SO COLD". Hahaha!
I only work 3 more times until my family will be here on Saturday! Hopefully that will help the time go by faster! Tonight I have to go to work again, but the weather isn't great again, so we'll see what I end up doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment